Monday, February 14, 2011

DOROTHY MISS AND MALIDADA RETIRE

It is said that that every good thing has an end. This is sadly true about our most beloved teacher Dorothy Miss and the silent worker at the school gardens Mr.Pariyag Paswan, popularly nicknamed Malidada by the student community.On the 29th of January 2011, the St.Xavier's family bade a tearful adieu to both Dorothy Miss and Malidada who retired from active service on achieving superannuation.
The Biology and Science classrooms in our school will never be the same again in the absence of Dorothy Miss.---- although we are sure the walls, benches and boards would resound with the memories of her vibrant teaching. Even with our Malidada, the Biology Lab and the gardens will forever cherish the sincere devotion and love with which he attended every leaf, flower and plant.He will continue to be an inseparable part of our institution through the blooming flowers 
The students and staff offered their farewell gifts to the duo amidst a charged atmosphere. On behalf of the ex students, Mr  Suranjan Kar offered them our parting respects.

The day also saw the farewell of the ICSE 2011 batch ----offered by the present students. The Alumni Association presented each out going student a token gift of an etched key ring and a pen set welcoming them into the fabulously beautiful world of the Old Boys!! 

5 comments:

  1. I had the fortune of being taught by Dorothy Miss, in Primary section. I vividly recall her caring, yet strict disciplinarian attitude. My best wishes to Dorothy Miss.

    I also convey my warm wishes to Mali dada in all his future endeavours.

    Joydeep Mukherjee (2002)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, let me congratulate you on creating this blog! This will be a meeting point for sharing stories.
    I do not recall clearly, but I think Dorothy Miss taught me in class 6A in 1986. Sir Lawrence was the class teacher. This was the classroom closest to the Father's office.
    I founded My Life Chronicles (www.mylifechronicles.com) last year. We are passionate about preserving memories, including school memories like these. I hope to capture our collective memories of the wonderful teachers and batches before it is late. My Life Chronicles create personalized memoir books and videos for individuals, institutes and organizations. We are based in Bangalore, but thanks to technology we serve globally.(Facebook:My Life Chronicles, Twitter:@MLchronicles)
    Thanks,
    Sumit Chowdhury(ICSE 1990)
    Member, SXS Alumni Association

    ReplyDelete
  3. dorothy miss was really a favourite of our time. she was very caring and friendly and also very strict in teaching guideless.
    i wish her all my good wishes for her retired life

    Bhanumurty.N
    1986 BATCH

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked dorothy miss. she prepared me for my first assembly in class five in 2010

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adieu Ma'am. As time flows, the science class will never be the same again. I had the good fortune of being taught by you in std. 5th, still remember the topic as it was yesterday; Photosynthesis.

    ReplyDelete