Saturday, May 21, 2011




SCHOOL GYMNASIUM NAMED AFTER REV. FR.A.WAUTIER S.J.
Remember the School Gymnasium--- the huge building, the joyful haven in our P.T. Periods that doubled as the venue for our dreaded Proclamation of Results?!! The building is all set to undergo a sea change. Of late, the stage in the gymnasium witnessed a plethora of cultural events. Efforts are on to convert it into a workable auditorium. Considering the increasing demand of such a venue towards imparting total education, the indispensable hall needs to undergo rapid reforms. The most significant step in this direction was naming it as Father A.Wautier S.J. Memorial Auditorium--- gratefully acknowledging the priceless contribution of the ex-headmaster towards the building of the gymnasium.
The pictures are glimpses of Rabindra Jayanti Celebration in School put up by students and teachers.   

Please send in your nostalgic reminiscences of the gymnasium.

2 comments:

  1. I was a student of St.Xavier's school Durgapur and passed out the Sr.Cambridge(XI) exam in 1975.
    Father Wautier used to be our Principal and Father P Y Gilson taught us English and History.
    Memories of them still remain...
    Proud to be Xaverian
    Chandan Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got admitted in the school in 1977 and Father Wautier was the principle. I remember distinctly that day was my first brush with an European and I was scared of this unusual man with a white mop of hair, piercing blue eyes sitting in front of me conducting the interview. But his kind demeanour immediately put me at ease. I had very fond memories of him zipping around Durgapur in his old trusted grey Vespa. When I passed out in 1988 he was posted in Kolkata SXC. I would say that SXC Durgapur played the most important role in making me the man I am.

    Arindom Rao (1988 Batch)

    ReplyDelete