Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Suvojit's Impression of the 1st Kolkata Chapter Meet


It was Sunday 29th May, 2011 I entered St. Xaviers Kolkata when I truly felt re-juvinated seeing the huge play ground , instantly the words of Shanti Sir ran once again through my blood " Ball ta soja goal e mar ".

Precisely this was the reason I was there with my football ( read my son's football who now is a student of Xaviers, Kolkata class - 8 ) to relive my past .
For the past 8 years I have entered so many times at Kol Xaviers but this one was special. This one was for my alma mater and no words of appreciation for our xaviers Dgp alumni Asso. is enough to thank them for such a commendable effort for giving us an oppurtunity to run down our memory lanes of SXS Dgp.The first gathering was impressive. Our good luck to have Fr K K Devasy at Kol SXS who has been a part and parcel of this effort along with the present prefect.
It was just a core committee formed but I believe we are all an integral core part of our school by default being an ex- student. After all it is all for our ALMA MATER, whichever way we be there and whoever be there , the final conclusion we are all there.
Time ran out so fast that even when we came out we were still dazzled with the euphoria and we talked about everything till night within our family and had called up another 30 odd friends informing all the majic.
Whatever decided shall be done in due course of time by our Alumni Assoc. and we look forward again to meet probably on 11 June , 11 same place same time to carry onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Till we meet again .
Suvojit Rai Choudhury - 87 batch

No comments:

Post a Comment